Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from one of those little cookbooks and the marinade is one of the best Ive found for steaks or london broil
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks (1 to 1 1/2 in thick)
- In a large nonmetal dish or resealable food storage plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak; mix well. Add steak and turn to coat.
- Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate atleast 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Heat grill. When ready to grill, remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on gas grill over medium heat. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once or twice.
- To serve, cut steak across grain into slices; place on serving platter.
This marinade was wonderful. My sirloin steak was so flavourful and tender, I will never use any other marinade again. It really ehhanced the flavour of the steak, which I marinated for 5 hours. Thanks very much for sharing this recipe Brenda.