Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
A Jamie Oliver recipe. Soooo refreshing; absolutely wonderful in the summer or as a palate cleanser for a dinner party! Cooking time is the time it takes for the sorbet to freeze.
- 1⁄2 cup water, about 5 ounces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 -6 limes, zest of
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh basil, pounded to a puree (about 2 cups of leaves before pounding)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water and sugar in a pan, bring to a boil, and simmer for 4 minutes with the lime zest. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool for a while.
- Add the lime juice and basil puree. Stir this up and leave to infuse for a while.
- Pass it through a coarse sieve and pour into a plastic tub or earthenware dish and place in the freezer.
- Generally, sorbet takes 2 hours to set. Try to stir it around every 30 minutes, if you remember. Serve it in a glass on its own. Garnish with basil and a lime slice.