Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious! This can be prepared ahead of time by making the simple syrup and chopping the fruits, just refrigerate seperately and then combine just before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, grated
- 4 cups pineapple, cubed
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and cubed
- Make the simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook for a minute until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in the basil and lime rind. Cool. Strain to discard the solids.
- Combine the fruits in a large bowl. Drizzle with the simple syrup. Toss gently.
Delicious! Made for holiday dinner, and everyone raved about it. So easy and pretty too.
I've made this several times and I am just now getting around to reviewing it. This fruit salad is super versatile (breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever), and perfect for summer get-to-gethers. I served this at an Easter barbecue and at Mother's day brunch. At both events, this dish got RAVE reviews. It's amazing what a difference the simple dressing makes!
This is so good and interesting and different! The flavor the basil imparts after being strained gives it a subtle hint of herb, almost like a mint flavor. I used this on what fruit I had in the house: strawberries, watermelon, honeydew, grapes, apricots and bananas. I think there is enough syrup for two batches. This is definitely worth a try!