1/1 Photo of Basil Lemonade
Hey Jude's Note:
In my quest to find recipes to take advantage of the bumper crop of basil I have right now, I came across this one found in the May 2003 issue of Sunset magazine. This is very refreshing! It's especially fun if you have lots of different varieties of basil available to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 1 1/2 to 2 Qt glass bowl, combine basil leaves and sugar.
- 3With a wooden spoon, crush leaves with sugar until thoroughly bruised;
- 4add water and lemon juice,
- 5Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes;
- 6Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- 7Pour through a strainer into ice-filled glasses.
- 8Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil.
- 9*Note:The type of basil you use will contribute to the'personality' of this drink.
- 10Dark purple basil tints the lemonade pink and has a milder flavor than green varieties.
- 11Lemon basil adds a lemon-drop essence.
- 12Cinnamon and Thai basils make this more spicy.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: