Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
For my summer basil.
Top Review by Outta Here
WOW! This is amazing! I was skeptical about basil and lemonade combination, but it really is good! I used a combination of three kinds of basil that I got at a local farmers market while RV'ing. The liquid was a nice shade of green, until i added the lime juice, and like a weird science experiment, it turned PINK! When i added the lemon juice it turned regular lemonade color. I subbed Splenda for the sugar. This is really refreshing and will be made again! Made for Summer Comfort Cafe 2009.
- 828.06 ml cold water
- 236.59 ml packed fresh basil leaf
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 59.14 ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- fresh basil sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups water, the basil leaves, and sugar; bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Decrease heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a 1 ½ quart container.
- Add in the lemon juice, remaining 1½ cups water, and lime juice; stir until blended.
- Chill until very cold; serve over ice; garnish with basil sprig.