Recipe by valerie-lynn82
I haven't had the chance to make this recipe yet but I like this recipe because the recipe just sounds so fresh.
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 6 ounces gluten free pasta, linguine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed and cut
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- basil sprig (optional)
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in water with 1/4 teaspoons salt, adding asparagus the last 3 minute of cooking; drain and return to pan. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil. Heat over medium heat; add garlic, cook and stir 15 seconds. Add shrimp, basil, lemon peel, and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and ground black pepper. Cook and stir for 3 minute or until shrimp turn opaque. Remove from heat.
- Add shrimp mixture to pasta mixture. Add snipped fresh basil, if using, the green onions, lemon juice, and oil; toss gently to coat.
- If desired, garnish each serving with basil sprigs and/or lemon wedges.