Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Stop and Smell the Rosemary, Recipes and Traditions to Remember,"
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 veal chops, 1 inch thick
- fresh basil sprig
- lemon wedge
- Juice the lemon and grate zest.
- Process olive oil, basil, juice and zest of lemon, garlic, and mustard in a blender or food processor until basil is minced. Transfer basil mixture to a nonmetallic bowl. Add veal chops. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Prepare grill. Grill over medium-hot coals about 7 minutes per side, turning once and basting with marinade. Garnish with basil sprigs and lemon wedges.
These were great! I made these with some veal chops I got on sale and they came out great. I made the marinade before lunch - so they probally marinated for over 4 hours in the refrigerator and were very tender - you could almost cut them with a fork and very tasty! Will also be trying the marinade on chicken - should be wonderful! Thanks for sharing this keeper!