1/3 Photos of Basil Lemon Chicken Panini
This takes some of my favorite flavors, basil and lemon, marries them with grilled chicken and melting cheese on a hot grilled bun. yum. I will post the chicken recipe on its own as well (you can use scaloppine too, I prefer the thicker cut) What I do is cook the chicken for dinner making extras and use the leftovers for the panini :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 loaf ciabatta or 1 loaf other rustic bread
- 1/4 cup basil pesto or 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 large tomato, beefsteak, sliced
- 6 ounces italian fontina, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh bagged Baby Spinach
- 1*For the chicken*.
- 2Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice, combine zest and juice with oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- 3Put chicken breasts between wax paper and pound to an even thickness.
- 4Place in glad bag or bowl with marinade and leave for 30 minutes to 20 hours.
- 5Grill chicken on bbq or broil it or even cook it in a hot skillet, 6-8 minutes approximately.
- 6Cut ciabatta into 4 sandwich size pieces or use whatever bread you prefer. put 1 tbs of pesto on both sides of bread. (or fresh basil).
- 7Add chicken, fontina cheese, tomatoes and spinach to each.
- 8Grill in panini press or in a cast iron pan with another heated cast iron pan on top of it to press it down until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Lemon Chicken Panini
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 436.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: