This is a recipe for grilled chicken breasts that have been brined in fresh basil and lemon for unbeatable flavor. Time does not include marinating.
- Prepare an ice water bath for the basil.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boil over medium high heat; wilt basil leaves, drain, and plunge basil into ice water bath, then drain.
- Puree blanched basil, salt, lemon zest, pepper and water in a mini food processor or blender until smooth.
- Combine chicken with puree in a large resealable plastic bag and allow to marinate several hours or up to overnight.
- Grill chicken over indirect heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F with grill cover on.
- Open grill lid and grill chicken, skin side down, over direct heat to crisp skin and give it some char, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Loosely tent chicken with aluminum foil and let rest several minutes before serving.
Absolutely wonderful! Basil and lemon on chicken --yummy. Reduced salt to 1 teaspoon. Did in oven due to storms. Served with Grilled Vegetable Packets. Thanks for sharing.