A great way to use up some of your lovely basil in the herb garden.
Make and share this Basil Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Bring 1 cup of the apple juice to a rolling boil and pour over the crushed basil leaves; let rest for 25 minutes.
- Strain liquid into large saucepan and add the other 2 cups of apple juice, vinegar, and green coloring, stirring to blend.
- Bring to a hard boil, and stir in sugar and pectin and return to a hard boil, stirring constantly, and cooking until jelly point is reached.
- Remove from heat and skim off the foam with a slotted spoon; remove leaves from jelly with a slotted spoon.
- Pour mixture into sterilized half-pint jars (you will need 3-4), leaving 1/2" of headroom at the top.
- Attach lids and bands, and process for 15 minutes in a water bath canner.
- When cool, check the seals.
- Refrigerate promptly any that do not seal properly, and remove bands from the others and store in a cool, dry area.