Recipe by Sharon123
Using basil give this a refreshing flavor, great as a dip or on top of eggs, burritos, quesadillas, and lots of other vegetables! Adapted from BH&G magazine.
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
A very tasty alternative to traditional guac. The basil added a distinct refreshing quality to it that my fiance and I both enjoyed (and we REALLY love guacamole). The only change I made was using garlic salt instead of table salt, but that's because we love garlic in our guac anyway. We did miss having the cumin one usually finds in guacamole, however. I think that if I found myself with an overabundance of basil, this would be a nice use for it. I might just include the cumin next time, and a bit more garlic.
- 2 ripe medium avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 3⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato, seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄4 teaspoon few drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- tortilla chips