This is from the cookbook "Red White & Blue Ribbon 2004", a collection of winning recipes from recipe contests and food festivals. Molly Pardo of Jupiter, FL took 2nd place at Gold Kist Farms 15th Annual Winning Taste Recipe Contest. The chicken needs to marinate at least 4 hours, so plan accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
Tomato Basil Butter
- 1For the chicken: Rinse chicken and pat dry; place in a non metallic dish or ziplock plastic bag. Combine olive oil, basil, Romano cheese, garlic and Italian seasoning; pour over chicken, tossing to coat all sides. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat. Lightly coat grill grate with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken about 4-6 inches from heat source for about 7 minutes per side, or until no longer pink inside (160°F on a meat thermometer).
- 3Lower grill to low. Top chicken with mozzarella cheese. Close gill and let cheese melt. Put chicken on a platter and top with some tomato basil butter. Serve chicken with remaining tomato basil butter on the side.
- 4For the tomato basil butter. Put softened butter in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Grilled Chicken With Tomato Basil Butter
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.0
- Calories from Fat 616
- Total Fat 68.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 585.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: