Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse fresh ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves, fat discarded,washed,and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup slightly softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh basil sprig (to garnish) (optional)
- Press 3/4 Tsp pepper into meaty sides of chicken breasts.
- Combine melted butter with 1/4 cup chopped basil.
- Brush chicken lightly with the melted butter mixture.
- Prepare charcoal grill for medium heat.
- Combine softened butter with minced basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and 1/4 Tsp pepper in a small bowl.
- Whip until blended and smooth, transfer to a small serving bowl, and refrigerate until needed.
- Grill chicken over medium coals for 8-10 minutes on each side or until done, basting frequently with melted butter mixture and turning occasionally.
- Serve grilled chicken with basil-butter.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Made in cast iron grill pan, easy, turned out great and looked pretty!
This was an easy and very tasty recipe, the parmesan cheese and basil flavors are terrific. It is simple and doesn't take much time for preparation. I used fresh basil out of my garden and WOW! This is going to be another one of our favorites.
This is one of my favorite recipes, and my family's too. I serve it with saffron rice and some kind of veggie and a salad, and it makes a wonderful meal. The chicken has so much flavor! I've also broiled the chicken, basting frequently and turning, if a grill is unavailable.