Barenaked Chef's Note:
We tried this recipe on a turkey breast at Thanksgiving...and it was awesome! This recipe comes from Southern Living's Five Star Recipe Collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- 1Press 3/4 teaspoon pepper into meaty sides of chicken breast halves. Combine 1/3 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup chopped basil; stir well. Brush on chicken lightly.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 tablespoons basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until mixture is well blended and smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- 3Grill chicken on medium coals 8-10 minutes per side, basting frequently with remaining melted butter mixture.
- 4Serve grilled chicken with basil-butter mixture. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.8
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.1 mg
- Sodium 410.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 16.1 g