Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We tried this recipe on a turkey breast at Thanksgiving...and it was awesome! This recipe comes from Southern Living's Five Star Recipe Collection.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- Press 3/4 teaspoon pepper into meaty sides of chicken breast halves. Combine 1/3 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup chopped basil; stir well. Brush on chicken lightly.
- Combine 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 tablespoons basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until mixture is well blended and smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Grill chicken on medium coals 8-10 minutes per side, basting frequently with remaining melted butter mixture.
- Serve grilled chicken with basil-butter mixture. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
We really enjoyed this chicken. I pounded the chicken for uniform thickness and used half butter and half olive oil. This was a great way to use my fresh basil. Thanks.