Recipe by lvlrs_l3urnside
We love to grill chicken and this is a great way to spice up the same old boring thing!!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves, plus
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted, plus
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- fresh basil, springs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Press the coarsely ground pepper into the meaty side of the chicken breast halves.
- Stir the chopped basil into the melted butter.
- Brush the chicken lightly with this mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, minced basil, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smoothly blended.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Grill the chicken over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the remaining melted butter mixture.
- Serve the grilled chicken with the basil-butter mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil springs, if desired.