Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced spring onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- Trim and snap green beans into thirds (this can be done ahead of time).
- Mince the onion.
- Put water on to boil to steam beans.
- As soon as water boils, steam beans for 12 to 17 minutes or until tender.
- Melt margarine for beans and sauté onions until tender.
- Add steamed beans, basil, garlic powder and pepper.
- Toss beans with basil sauce to coat evenly and serve.
The family liked these beans and my toddler son, who won't eat vegetables, even tried one. I only steamed the beans about 10 minutes so that they still had some crunch. Easy recipe that I'm sure we'll have again.
A wonderful way to prepare fresh beans. In place of the garlic powder, I sliced a couple of garlic cloves and steamed them with the beans. This was served with recipe #228568 and mashed potatoes.
Yellow snap beans were on special and they worked great in this recipe! I didn't have dried basil around but have a nice herb pot on the patio so used fresh basil and fresh garlic, These were wonderful beans, we loved them and will be making them again, thanks for sharing!