Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice light green bean side dish, take advantage of summers crop.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the green beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain. Place the beans in a serving dish. Add the basil, butter, salt, and pepper. Toss until the butter is melted and beans are evenly coated. Serve immediately.
I had to use a can of string beans but used my fresh basil. It turned out delicious. Next time I will add more basil. Thanks!
We love fresh green beans and these were delicious! I used dried basil b/c I didn't have fresh on hand, but know it would be so much better with fresh!
What a delightful change for green beans - love the basil introduction to the flavor of the beans. The flavor is subtle but gives the beans a lift, Thanks Kangastyle delightful recipe