Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple dressing is great over fresh tomatoes, and makes a wonderful marinade for chicken and shrimp. Another light vinegar can substitute the champagne vinegar.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine the basil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese until the basil is pureed.
- With the motor running, pour the oil through the opening and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, pour into a small bowl, and set aside.
- Whisk before using.
I'm not sure if our basil just wasn't fresh enough or what it was but this turned out quite bland which I didn't expect from the ingrediants. Maybe lemon juice would give it a bit more zip? It was good just not what I expected. I'll be making it again and playing around a bit with it.