Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A great accompaniment to any dinner and just a tad bit different from the standard garlic bread. Another use for summertime's fresh basil.
- 1 loaf French bread, split horizontally
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place bread cut sides up on baking sheet. Process basil in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add butter, oil, cheese, and garlic; process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread basil butter evenly over each bread half.
- Bake until golden, 10-12 minutes. Cut bread into 4-inch lengths and serve hot.
I'm certifiable. Certifiably in love with basil. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
I used parmesan cheese instead of the romano cheese. This is a wonderful recipe. Thanks Jackie :) Made for Holiday tag.
This could not have been better! The combination of tastes was an explosion in my mouth! Sorta reminded me of the lovely Italian restaurants where they serve the bread with seasoned oil for dipping, only toasted, therefore, better! I'll be making this again, and sharing with my friends! Thanks for sharing, Jackie!