Recipe by lindseylcw
Oven fries with the fresh taste of basil, black pepper and lemon and, of course, gorgeous garlic. Great with french roast chicken or farm fresh eggs lightly fried in virgin olive oil - oh my
Top Review by Lori Mama
Enjoyed the flavors of this recipe very much. I think my "bunch" of basil might have been too small, as it didn't stand out quite as much as I had hoped. I'll add more next time. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)
- 6 medium floury potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- oil, for greasing oven pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and lemon juice in pestle and mortar and blend well into a paste, pepper should be like cracked pepper.
- Blend olive oil and basil well in a liquidiser.
- Mix paste and basil oil together in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes to this mix, turn until well coated and leave in mixture until needed ( no more than 4 hours).
- When ready to cook, grease a heavy baking tray with olive oil and tip potatoes and marinade into pan.
- Cook in preheated oven mark 180 degrees C for approx 50 mins or until cooked through and edges crispy (time will depend on thickness of potatoes).