Oven fries with the fresh taste of basil, black pepper and lemon and, of course, gorgeous garlic. Great with french roast chicken or farm fresh eggs lightly fried in virgin olive oil - oh my
- Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and lemon juice in pestle and mortar and blend well into a paste, pepper should be like cracked pepper.
- Blend olive oil and basil well in a liquidiser.
- Mix paste and basil oil together in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes to this mix, turn until well coated and leave in mixture until needed ( no more than 4 hours).
- When ready to cook, grease a heavy baking tray with olive oil and tip potatoes and marinade into pan.
- Cook in preheated oven mark 180 degrees C for approx 50 mins or until cooked through and edges crispy (time will depend on thickness of potatoes).
Enjoyed the flavors of this recipe very much. I think my "bunch" of basil might have been too small, as it didn't stand out quite as much as I had hoped. I'll add more next time. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)
I doubled the recipe due to that there were 4 of us. Overall, they were great, . The combo of lemon and peppercorns is a must to try. I guess I estimated the thickness of the potatoes, after 45 minutes, they were'nt done after an hour, they were done, but almost to done, but they were fine. If you make these, check oven regularly after 45 minutes, depending on the thickness as stated in step 6. These are great potatoes, and is a must tryer. The flavor is something everybody should try. Made for holiday tag.