Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful change of pace vinaigrette. Pour this over a mixture of sectioned oranges, red onions and mixed greens for a delightful salad.
- 3⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Combine orange juice concentrate, vinegar, water, black pepper and basil in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly, then add clove of garlic.
- Pour into a small jar and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
- Shake well before pouring on salad.
- Can keep in refrigerator for up to one week.
Very nice! I serve this over a lettuce salad and my family and I enjoyed it! Thanks Marie!
I made this last night to go on spinach, red onion, mandarin oranges, and toasted slivered almonds. I added more garlic,a couple tablesoons vinegar, fresh basil (didn't feel that the dried was shining through). After having it for lunch today, I suggest making the dressing a day in advance, since it greatly improved the flavor.It did get thicker upon standing, too. I might add less orange juice next time, since I felt it overpowered the other ingredients. I do think that it would be worth it to think about extra flavor combinations in your salad to make it really standout (avocado and bacon, like previous reviewer. I really liked how it flavored the spincah. Roxygirl in Colo.
This was delicious! I served it on a spinach salad with bacon and avacado. Terrific flavor combination!