Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a recipe from Simple and Delicious, posting for safe keeping. Here's a crusty, crunchy bread that goes together in minutes and is great with all kinds of pasta dishes!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon basil, dried (Iuse 1/2 tsp)
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise (unsliced)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2-in. slices.
I am so sorry that I forgot to review this recipe 2 wks ago when made for company. While this easy-fix & ingredient-friendly recipe was essentially made as written, I did alter the presentation slightly by using sml crusty French rolls so I could plate them as part of a starter course. I am glad I made extras & had them on the table because my guests devoured them w/an excess of greed. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
superb!!! usually I just make up my own recipe for garlic bread but thought I would try this-so glad I did.very easy to put together.I used dried Italian seasoning instead of just basil.Otherwise followed recipe exactly.The result was a very professional looking garlic bread.Very yummy-my children loved it.Very nice with the crock pot lasagna.I will make this again and again!!!!!!Thankyou!!!!
Beam me up, Scotty. I've found another recipe for 'The Next Generation". Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.