Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful to have on hand!
- 1 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup basil, clean and dry,chopped fine
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add basil, garlic, and cheese and whip with an electric mixer until mixture is smooth and evenly blended.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pack butter into four crocks.
- Allow flavors to blend for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
GinnyP you are right this is wonderful to have on hand, in fact I'm making more for the freezer. I have used it on grilled steaks and then dotted it over sliced potatoes and onions in foil packets on the grill. Can't wait to try it on some fresh hot bread I'm making. This is great! TY
I LOVE basil, but I've never thought of adding it to garlic butter. What a great idea! I made this recipe with 1/2 lb. of soft margarine but used the full amount of garlic and parmesan cheese with fabulous results. Wonderful on garlic toast and baked potatoes (and probably a lot of other things)!
Hi Ginny, I make this all the time now and have it in the freezer. Its great for the bbq and i love adding it to mashed potatoed.. there is so many uses for it, thanks.