Recipe by Missy Wombat
I take this vegetarian/vegan dish to BBQs and I have to guard it to make sure the omnivores don't scoff the lot before the non-meaters are fed. I usually multiply this several times over as it is so more-ish.
Top Review by yogi
I ate the whole batch myself! (okay, it took me 2 days) Great fried rice. I especially like the addition of chilies. I used brown rice and omitted the green beans, only because I didn't have any. The flavors were "just right" I didn't even have to add any extra soy sauce!! Usually I do.
- 30 ml oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (increase to suit tastes)
- 1 -3 small fresh red chilies or 1 -3 small green chili, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch long beans or 1 bunch snake beans or 1 bunch green beans or 1 bunch French haricots vert, cut into short lengths
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 15 leaves basil (or as much as you want)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add garlic and chilis and fry until garlic is light brown.
- Add mushrooms and onions and stir quickly.
- Add cooked rice; stir thoroughly.
- add long beans, peppers, and soy and stir thoroughly.
- At the very end, stir in basil leaves and immediately turn into a serving bowl.