Missy Wombat's Note:
I take this vegetarian/vegan dish to BBQs and I have to guard it to make sure the omnivores don't scoff the lot before the non-meaters are fed. I usually multiply this several times over as it is so more-ish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 ml oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (increase to suit tastes)
- 1 -3 small fresh red chilies or 1 -3 small green chili, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch long beans or 1 bunch snake beans or 1 bunch green beans or 1 bunch French haricots vert, cut into short lengths
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 15 leaves basil (or as much as you want)
- 1In a wok or skillet, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- 2Add garlic and chilis and fry until garlic is light brown.
- 3Add mushrooms and onions and stir quickly.
- 4Add cooked rice; stir thoroughly.
- 5add long beans, peppers, and soy and stir thoroughly.
- 6At the very end, stir in basil leaves and immediately turn into a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 758.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: