Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Make this tasty but nutritious pasta- it will save you money- and impress your friends and family. I use this easy to make pasta (in the food processor) to make noodles as well as some raviolis- lovely!
Top Review by herbsnflowers
So easy to make the pasta in the food processor. I made a simple sauce of diced onion & garlic sauteed in equal parts olive oil & butter. I tossed the basil fettuccine with the sauce then shaved some Parmesan over the top. An excellent dinner served with Caesar salad and garlic bread.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, process basil leaves until chopped very fine. Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and pulse two or three times, or until combined.
- Add egg, 1 teaspoon oil, and the water until dough forms a ball shape. If dough seems dry, add a bit more water. Wrap dough in a piece of plastic wrap which has been coated in a few drops of olive oil.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, and cut into 6 equal size portions. Run pasta though pasta machine, or roll with rolling pin to desired thickness. Use the additional flour to coat pasta while rolling.
- Allow pasta to dry for one hour prior to cooking if making noodles.
- Cook in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. This should take only a 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pasta.