1/1 Photo of Basil & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
This is a recipe that I found in a low fat cookbook and have modified slightly. It is a very tasty and light meal, with a rich and savory texture
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml feta cheese
- 29.58 ml neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
- 118.29 ml chopped roma tomato
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 283.49 g package fresh spinach
- 4.92 ml paprika
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4-8 toothpicks, to hold prepared stuffing
- 1In a small bowl, combine feta, cream cheese, tomatos and basil, season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2Be sure chicken breasts are even thickness, spread cheese mixture along rough side of chicken breast and roll breasts, secure with toothpick.
- 3Coat outside of chicken breast with olive oil and again season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 4Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add chicken cook until brown on all sides, then add 1 cup chicken broth and simmer until chicken is cooked through, and juices run clear.
- 5Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 6In the same skillet, add 1 cup chicken broth and bring to a boil, add spinach and cook until just limp.
- 7To serve, divide the spinach among 4 plates and add chicken breasts to top,
- 8Add a bit of zest with fresh lemon juice on top of plates.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: