Recipe by Kenzie
This is a recipe that I found in a low fat cookbook and have modified slightly. It is a very tasty and light meal, with a rich and savory texture
Top Review by **Mandy**
This made a lovely dinner for us with some salad & Baked potatoes. I breaded my chicken for that extra special touch and the stuffing was lovely, even toddler DD ate it, thanks for posting!
- 59.14 ml feta cheese
- 29.58 ml neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
- 118.29 ml chopped roma tomato
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 283.49 g package fresh spinach
- 4.92 ml paprika
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4-8 toothpicks, to hold prepared stuffing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine feta, cream cheese, tomatos and basil, season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Be sure chicken breasts are even thickness, spread cheese mixture along rough side of chicken breast and roll breasts, secure with toothpick.
- Coat outside of chicken breast with olive oil and again season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add chicken cook until brown on all sides, then add 1 cup chicken broth and simmer until chicken is cooked through, and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add 1 cup chicken broth and bring to a boil, add spinach and cook until just limp.
- To serve, divide the spinach among 4 plates and add chicken breasts to top,
- Add a bit of zest with fresh lemon juice on top of plates.