Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the flavors of Kalamata olives, feta, and basil! This is a Greek inspired recipe I threw together for Zaar World Tour 6.
- 4 slices French bread (I used a smaller loaf. A larger loaf can be used, but you may need more cheese and olives)
- 2 -3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- basil leaves (enough to cover each slice of bread)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces kalamata olives, chopped
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together the crumbled feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives. Set aside.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush virgin olive oil on top of each slice of bread. Cover each slice of bread with whole basil leaves flattened. Cover basil leaves with feta cheese and olive mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until toasted to your liking.
Wonderful treat! I made a single slice for lunch today and it was sensational. No need to add more salt as the olive-feta combo gives a real salt blast. My photo was taken before toasting. Thanks for posting.
Wow!! I loved this!! Wouldn't change a thing, thank you so much for posting, made for ZWT6.
I recommend toasting the bread before proceeding with the recipe - the middle part of the bread remained soft and squish - I would have liked a crispier texture. Having said that, can't fault the topping in any way - it was yummy. Thanks.