Recipe by Enjolinfam
I love the flavors of Kalamata olives, feta, and basil! This is a Greek inspired recipe I threw together for Zaar World Tour 6.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Wonderful treat! I made a single slice for lunch today and it was sensational. No need to add more salt as the olive-feta combo gives a real salt blast. My photo was taken before toasting. Thanks for posting.
- 4 slices French bread (I used a smaller loaf. A larger loaf can be used, but you may need more cheese and olives)
- 2 -3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- basil leaves (enough to cover each slice of bread)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces kalamata olives, chopped
- salt, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together the crumbled feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives. Set aside.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush virgin olive oil on top of each slice of bread. Cover each slice of bread with whole basil leaves flattened. Cover basil leaves with feta cheese and olive mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until toasted to your liking.