Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I ordered this at my favorite Thai restaurant and then went in search of the recipe that tasted most like it. Here you go. I serve this on basmati rice. You can use either regular eggplant or the long thin Asian eggplants. I think the restaurant used little green ones that I have seen at the Asian market.
- Peel eggplant if desired.
- Slice the eggplant into irregular shapes for easy turning while cooking.
- When it is sliced into rounds it makes it difficult to flip around the pan.
- Heat a pan or wok to medium high.
- Add oil, chili peppers and garlic.
- Stir until the garlic is toasted slightly.
- Add eggplant and stir.
- Add a cup of water and cover the pan.
- Keep the lid closed until the eggplant is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Almost all of the water should be evaporated.
- Continue to cook if eggplant is not done to your liking.
- Add fish sauce and sugar.
- Add basil and quickly stir.
- Remove from heat and serve.