- 6 eggs, at room temp
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover eggs with warm water in a saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Cook gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool the eggs under cold water.
- Peel shells and slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place in food processor bowl.
- Add sour cream, mustard, basil leaves and seasonings to yolks and process till smooth.
- Add pine nuts and chill mixture for about an hour.
- Fill the egg white halves using a teaspoon or pastry bag with a wide tip.
- Garnish each egg with a small basil leaf or sprig and serve.