- 2 lbs cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 -2 medium red onion
- to taste currants (optional)
- to taste garlic powder
- to taste red pepper flakes or to taste white wine vinegar
- to taste water
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thin-slice the cucumbers and onions and put them in a container.
- Rip or chop the basil and toss it in.
- Pour in vinegar and water.
- I use less vinegar than water, but you want the vinegar a little strong so it will get into the cucumber.
- Sprinkle in some garlic, maybe 1/2 teaspoon? Let this marinate for at least 2 hours.
- It keeps well in the refrigerator for days.
- Add the tomatoes at the last minute.