I like this chicken dish because its a little different than usual. If you like hot chinese mustard than this is a good dish to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 2/3 cup japanese style panko breadcrumbs or 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped and fresh or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
tomato-mustard cream sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- 3Combine the butter, hoisen sauce, and mustard in a wide shallow dish.
- 4Mix bread crumbs, basil, and parmesan in another shallow dish.
- 5Dip each breast in the butter mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture, coating well on all sides.
- 6Place in a single layer in a shallow nonstick baking pan.
- 7Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the crumb coating is golden brown and chicken is done.
- 8To make mustard cream: Combine sour cream, tomato paste, mustard, and soy sauce.
- 9Blend well, then stir in half of the diced tomato.
- 10Heat until warm.
- 11Spoon the sauce onto a warmed serving platter.
- 12Place chicken breasts over sauce.
- 13Sprinkle chicken with remaining diced tomato.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil-Crusted Chicken Oriental
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 660.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 46.2 g