Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- hot cooked fettuccine
- In a skillet saute chicken,onions and mushrooms in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan,melt butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add broth and cream.
- Stir in basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil,cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken mixture.
- Serve over fettuccine.
- This serves 6-8.
- The amount of fettuccine used would depent of how well sauced you like it,I use about 3/4 of a pound.
This was extremely bland and watery. I made it exactly as it was written... but it needed help.
This was an epicurean joy! The only changes: only 1 cup of green onions and used dried basil. Very rich and enjoyable. The prep time was longer for me, more like 20 minutes. Next time I'll use Half & Half to cut down on the richness.