Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Martha Stewart. This is from Argentina. Chimichurri is used a condiment to grilled meats.
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl.
- Chimichurri can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Really goes well with beef , my family loves it !
I like the flavors in this but I don't think I added enough basil and parsley it was kinda oily. I will definately make again just will tweak it. made for ZWT4.
This was really good. Fresh tasting. Reminds me a lot of pesto, but a different texture and with bit of twang, with the vinegar and red chilies. This is also good tossed through a salad or roasted veggies too. Even on a potatoe chip. lol Very nice. Thank you for a quick, easy, tasty and very versitile condiment. One I'll make often, as long as I have fresh basil. ***Wonders if this can be frozen***