Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original recipe is Thai Basil Chicken w/Broccoli from Sparkrecipes, but this is my modified version. Also good with asparagus or cauliflower instead of or in addition to broccoli.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut in 1/8 slices
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped to bite size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, cut in fine wedges
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- On medium high, heat pan with oil.
- Fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add onions and chicken.
- Stir-fry chicken until it just turns white.
- Add broccoli and fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in basil and cook until basil begins to wilt.
- Serve warm with rice.
Very easy and very good. I did change a little bit. I added a bit of agave nectar to give the dish a sweetish taste. This might not have been necessary but I didn't have the full 1 cup of fresh basil. I also added a touch of cayenne pepper for a bit of spice!
It is an exceptionally easy & inexpensive way to have a good-size chicken breast serve two ~ The breasts I get are usually 7 or 8 ounces each! I did make 1 small addition to this recipe, in that I seasoned it with a bit of lemon pepper! Served over brown rice, & we had a wonderfully satisfying meal! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef Event]