Recipe by Mirj
This recipe comes from the 3 Fat Chicks website. I've made it several times already, and it's always been a bit hit with my family and guests. It's wonderful to serve on a hot summer's evening on the patio.
Top Review by GinnyP
This is a really nice chicken salad recipe. I used regular mayonnaise (since that's what I have) and *love* all the basil. But no 'one' flavor dominates. This is delicious!!! Hot day in Seattle today and I'm taking this as part of a picnic lunch with a friend. : )
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 6 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients and stir well.
- Combine chicken, celery, green onions and basil in a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss gently.
- Place 1 cup spinach on each of 6 salad plates.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over each plate.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.