Petite Mommy's Note:
A healthy, unique way to serve chicken. (Recipe courtesy of foodfit.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 (850.48 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 473.18 ml chopped spinach
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh basil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock (broth)
- 236.59 ml Chardonnay wine or 236.59 ml similar white wine
- 1Place one chicken breast between pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound with mallet. Try to shape it as much like a rectangle as possible, about 1/4" thick. Follow the same procedure with 3 more breasts. Set aside.
- 2Chop the last breast into 1" chunks.
- 3Place the spinach, basil, lemon juice, onions and garlic into a food processor. Pulse to chop. Add the chicken chunks, salt and pepper and continue to puree until the mixture becomes thick. Add a small amount of chicken stock if needed for moisture.
- 4Spread 1/4 of the chicken mixture in a thin layer on each chicken breast. Fold the breast over the chicken mixture into roll-ups (roulades). Wrap the roulades in cheesecloth or plastic wrap and tie with string on both ends. Cheesecloth is preferable for tender, juicier chicken.
- 5Place chicken stock into a medium pot and bring to boil. Add the wine and roulades. Simmer for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted to center of chicken breast reads 180°F Remove from liquid.
- 6Reduce a few cups of the cooking liquid by half.
- 7Remove the cheesecloth or plastic from the chicken and slice on the bias to create oblong pieces. Serve 1 roulade per person with the reduced liquid spooned over the slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Chicken Roulade
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 959.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 59.2 g