This recipe is from "Southern Living" magazine, January 2006. Excellent and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini whole wheat pasta
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar low fat prepared pasta sauce (low-fat, if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (low-fat, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Drain and keep warm.
- 2Cut each chicken breast into 2 pieces. Place each piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap (heavy duty); flatten to 1/4-inch thick using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- 3Combine 2/3 cup breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in egg substiture, and pull through breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Brown chicken, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 5Stir together pasta sauce and basil; spoon half of sauce into an 11x7-inch baking dish. Arrange chicken in an even layer over sauce; pour remaining sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until mozzarella is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parsley Serve chicken over hot cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Chicken Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 445.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat prepared pasta sauce