Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am having a "clean out the pantry/freezer/fridge" week and did a search for some of the ingredients I had on hand. This recipe came up and it was perfect for what I needed. If you find that you want it to have a little more sauce, during the simmering step, add a little bit of Italian Salad Dressing. Delicious!
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used Nando's)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium, and cover skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft.
- Toss sauce with hot cooked angel hair pasta to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
I gave this 3 stars. I helped make this at my cooking on a budget class. It was good but lacking something. I may try adding the italian salad dressing for more flavor. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
This was a very easy recipe to cook and took very little time. I forgot to cook the chicken ahead of time so I threw it in with the onions and garlic and cooked it then. I also used canned diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning. I kept the rest of the recipe the same. Thanks for a good dinner!