Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Basil is a favorite of mine and is wonderful in this.
Make and share this Basil Chicken Marsala With Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper and pound to approximately 1/4-inch thick. In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine flour with next 3 ingredients. Add chicken to flour mixture, toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken 3-5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from skillet.
- Add mushrooms and remaining oil, if needed. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Stir in wine and remaining 3 ingredients. Stir to loosen any browned particles; bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
Very yummy, had printed this awhile ago and now wanted to use up the fresh basil. I did double the sauce and next time would thicken it up a bit. Served over angel hair pasta. Man, does the house ever smell GOOD!
Very good meal. DH said it was an eleven.
Our idea of a great recipe -- easy and flavorful. We served it with low carb rotini and fresh green beans.