Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Basil roasted vegetables and chicken served over couscous.
- 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup mushroom, halved (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3 -4 cooked chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked couscous
- Preheat oven for 425°F.
- Combine the first five ingredients. Stir well, then mix in the zucchini, peppers, onions, garbanzo beans, raisins and mushrooms. After vegetables are coated well, put them into a shallow baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- While vegetables are baking, cook chicken breasts in a skillet using some olive oil, basil, and garlic seasoning to taste.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- When all ingredients are cooked, serve chicken and vegetables over couscous.
- (Note: To decrease preparation time, cut up vegetables beforehand. I cut all mine up then froze them until I wanted to make this recipe.).