Recipe by Wenstar
This salad was inspired by Fluffy's Basil Tomato Salad #53427. I tweaked it to fit the Jorge Cruise 3 hour diet plan and added chicken to make this a one dish meal. Great to make ahead as the flavors really improve with time. I like to make this the night before and then I have it for lunch the next day. The cooking time is for the chicken if using fresh and for the rice. The 2/3 cup rice is measured after cooking.Bon Appetite!
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice, cooked (left over rice works well)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, diced in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped, fresh
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked, diced (may use 6 oz canned chicken, drained)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to your taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to your taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Combine vegetables and fresh parsley in a medium bowl. Pour dressing over, toss to coat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Add rice and chicken. Toss and serve. Or cover and chill until ready to serve.