This recipe comes from Easy Chinese cookbook by Elizabeth Chong. I will add more vegies & omit the sugar.
- Heat peanut oil in a pre-heated wok. Fry the cashew nuts until they are a light golden brown. Remove nuts onto absorbent paper.
- Heat oil again in the wok. Stirfry onion and chili pepper and garlic until it is light brown.
- Add 3/4 cup basil leaves and saute until the mixture is fragrant.
- Add chicken slices and continue to stirfry all ingredients over moderate heat for approximately 2 minutes until the colour of the meat changes.
- Add cashew nuts, remaining basil leaves.
- Stir in the palm sugar, squeeze of lime or lemon and pinch of salt and sprinkle in the fish sauce.
- Serve with rice.