Recipe by Andrea
This is a fantastic fusion of flavors. Be careful when cutting the jalapeno peppers. I keep a box of food service gloves in my kitchen to use when I have to handle chile peppers.
Top Review by robolious stevenson
almost a year to the day ago i wrote the above comment and then got side tracked..... anyway i have made the dish several times now and have also tried it using beef..... that was very nice too... 5 stars still apply, but.. i have to say, i doubles all spices etc as i found the end result was lacking in flavour... there again i always like my flavours to make there presence felt in my mouth as a pose to being delicate and subtle.... higjly reccomend it...:)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1 inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- hot steamed rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, pepper, turmeric and chili powder in large zip-closure bag.
- Shake to mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken pieces to bag and shake to coat.
- Put in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- In large frying pan, heat oil and stir in onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers.
- Stir and cook for a few minutes until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add half chicken to pan and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Set aside and repeat with other half of chicken--adding a little more oil if necessary.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In small bowl, stir together coconut milk and cornstarch.
- Pour in frying pan and cook and stir until bubbly.
- Return the chicken and onion mixture to pan.
- Stir in minced basil and ginger.
- Continue to cook and stir for another 2 to 3 minutes until hot throughout.
- Serve over steamed rice.