Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great little appetizers. You can freeze them, cook cool and bag. To re-heat Just remove from freezer, place on cookie sheet and let defrost. Then warm slowly at 325 frrom5 to 7 minutes..but check them, to not over cook. Points 1.
- 1 lb feta or 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Crumble Feta cheese into small bowlm mash with fork.
- Stir in eggs, basil, and white pepper until well mixed.
- Cut stack of phyllo sheets lengthwise into 2-inch strips.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then with damp towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Place 1 level teaspoon cheese mixture on end of 1 strip, fold phyllo strip end over end, in triangular shape, to opposite end.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining strips and cheese mixture.
- Brush butter over triangles.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm.