Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I've been using this recipe since 1996. Whenever I serve it or take it to a party I always write up several recipe cards in advance because the request will come after one taste. Not only yummy, but lovely presentation. Because everyone likes it so much it gives me pleasure to make it. It's a sure fire *winner*. Tried and true.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 3⁄4 cup Italian parsley, loosely packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted, and chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, sliced
- fresh basil sprig
- cherry tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cream cheese and blue cheese, and process until smooth, stopping at least once to scrape down sides.
- Spoon into a small bowl; set aside.
- Process spinach and next 4 ingredients in processor; with processor running, pour oil in a slow, steady stream through food chute.
- Stir in pine nuts and Parmesan.
- Line a 7 1/2 x 3 x 2inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing edges to extend over sides of pan.
- Spread half of cheese mixture in loaf pan; top with half of sliced tomatoes.
- Spread with pesto mixture (may use store bought. pesto); top with remaining sliced tomatoes, and top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap; chill 24 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes; remove outer wrap, invert onto serving platter.
- Remove remaining plastic.
- Serve with crackers.