Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is from Swanson's Chicken Broth...you can serve topped with Meat Sauce or as a side dish!! Options for grilling, baking or pan-frying given. Cooking time includes chilling.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broth, cornmeal, bay leaf and pepper in saucepan to a boil.
- Stir in oil.
- Cook and stir 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in basil and hceese.
- Pour mixture into greased 9" pie plate.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut polenta into 6 wedges.
- To grill: brush wedges on both sides with olive oil. Place on hot grill and cook 4 minutes, turning once.
- To bake: place wedges on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 20 minutes or until browned and crispy, turning once.
- To pan-fry: heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add wedges and cook 10 minut4es or until browned and crispy, turning once.
These were wonderful!
I used a combination of parmesan and cheddar cheeses and pesto instead of the basil. I pan fried it and served it with marinara sauce. Absolutely delicious!
I really liked this, but no one in my family would eat it. They are picky.