Recipe by spatchcock
This is an adopted recipe that I've not yet had the chance to try, though I think it looks wonderful. Reviews by anyone who tries it, especially before I do, will be appreciated. Prep time includes 24 hr chilling time.
Top Review by Lt. Amy
My sister used to make this years ago and I remembered it well. I made it this weekend for a party and my memory served correct. It is rich, looks lovely and was a huge crowd pleaser. Everyone kept asking where I bought it. This recipe is the same as my sisters except hers calls for 1 cup of parmesan and only 1/2 cup of parsley.
- 8 ounces room temp cream cheese
- 4 ounces room temp Roquefort cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, rinsed well and dried
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered sun-dried tomato, patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese and Roquefort in a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Combine the spinach, parsley, basil and garlic in a bowl of a food processor.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle the oil through the food tube.
- Continue processing until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add walnuts and Parmesan and mix well.
- Line a 5-½-x2-½-loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving extra wrap to hang over the sides.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture evenly.
- Next, spread ½ of the pesto mixture and arrange a layer of the sun dried tomatoes on top.
- Repeat the cheese, pesto and tomato layers.
- Finish with the remaining 1/3 cheese mixture.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- TO SERVE: Allow the loaf to come to a room temperature about 30 minutes.
- Invert it onto a platter and provide a cheese-slicing knife.
- Have a basket of crackers and bread close by.