Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love basil and chicken together, and chicken and cashew together, so it was natural to put it *all* together into this tasty sandwich filling!
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken breasts or 236.59 ml turkey breast, cut into chunks
- 236.59 ml cooked white rice or 236.59 ml brown rice
- 118.29 ml red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (Best Foods, Helmann's, or Vegenaise)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh sweet basil
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- 0.59 ml black pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml chopped roasted cashews
- 44.37 ml crumbled feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients; the filling tastes even better when it's had a chance to chill thoroughly, but often I eat it right away.
- Goes well on croissant or in a pita.
- Makes about 4 servings.
This salad perked my taste buds up. The ingredients are unusual for me but actually went together just fine. I used left-over chicken breast and brown rice. I made it in the evening and let it refrigerate overnight. I made croissant sandwiches with it which was a very good idea. Thanks Julesong.
Very yummy. I made some changes just to avoid a trip to the store. The turkey was leftover smoked, the rice was half brown/half wild, I used 2 Tbls. minced fresh onion, and I only had Miracle Whip. The rest stayed as written. What a wonderful treat. The combination of flavors just gets better the longer it refrigerates. I'll be making this often.
I have made this several times. The flavors blend so well together. The second time I made it I added a teaspoon of white wine vinegar. My family is not big on any dish made with rice, so the last time I made this I used half a package of bow-tie pasta which they really seemed to like. I for sure will be making this salad again. Thanks Julesong!