Recipe by Julesong
I love basil and chicken together, and chicken and cashew together, so it was natural to put it *all* together into this tasty sandwich filling!
Top Review by beccalanders31
This salad perked my taste buds up. The ingredients are unusual for me but actually went together just fine. I used left-over chicken breast and brown rice. I made it in the evening and let it refrigerate overnight. I made croissant sandwiches with it which was a very good idea. Thanks Julesong.
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts or 1 cup turkey breast, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Helmann's, or Vegenaise)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese