1/5 Photos of Basil Cashew Chicken Salad
I love basil and chicken together, and chicken and cashew together, so it was natural to put it *all* together into this tasty sandwich filling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts or 1 cup turkey breast, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Helmann's, or Vegenaise)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1Combine all ingredients; the filling tastes even better when it's had a chance to chill thoroughly, but often I eat it right away.
- 2Goes well on croissant or in a pita.
- 3Makes about 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Cashew Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: