I love basil and chicken together, and chicken and cashew together, so it was natural to put it *all* together into this tasty sandwich filling!
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts or 1 cup turkey breast, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Helmann's, or Vegenaise)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients; the filling tastes even better when it's had a chance to chill thoroughly, but often I eat it right away.
- Goes well on croissant or in a pita.
- Makes about 4 servings.